Fire damages Vestal home

By Conor Mooney

November 14, 2013 Updated Nov 14, 2013 at 7:50 PM EDT

(Vestal, NY (WBNG Binghamton) A Vestal home took on extensive damage after a fire on Tuesday night.

Crews responded to the home at 146 Foster Road.

Investigators ruled the fire accidental.

They said the blaze began after a material close to the chimney caught fire.

No one was injured.

The homeowner was home at the time, but got out safely.

Fire crews from Vestal, Town of Binghamton, Endicott, Apalachin and Silver Lake all responded.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.