Washington Township, PA (WBNG Binghamton) Troopers found five people dead inside a cabin Saturday morning in Lycoming County.
According to Pennsylvania State Police, troopers found three children and two adults dead at 405 Gap Road in Washington Township.
Lycoming County Coroner Charles Kiessling confirms all victims died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Kiessling said the victims are Nathan Reece, 30, Jacqueline Stackhouse, 23, and her son Austin Cousins, 3, Nariah Hawkins, 9, and Cadee Hawkins, 4.
Troopers report the victims spent the night there.
They said a propane fueled heat source was running inside the cabin and the cabin wasn't properly ventilated.
Testing proved the victims had toxic levels of carbon monoxide in their systems.
As for the man who called 911, state police confirmed Sunday his family owns the cabin. The man told troopers he was hosting some friends, but slept outside of the cabin in his truck.
Troopers said the incident doesn't appear to be suspicious, but the investigation is ongoing.
State Police told Action News the incident is very upsetting for both the community and the local law enforcement agencies.