Owego, NY (WBNG Binghamton) A house fire in Owego kept firefighters and neighbors up until approximately 4 a.m. Friday.
The fire started at approximately 12:50 a.m. at 20 Academy Street.
The owner of the single-family home says their upstairs dryer started the fire. One of his kids woke up and notified the family. They smelled smoke and got out of the home safely.
Firefighters evacuated some of the homes on the street.
Fire investigators and additional man power were called after 1 a.m.
Crews from Owego, Campville and Tioga Center all responded to the scene.