House Catches Fire From Gas Leak

By Jillian Marshall

House Catches Fire From Gas Leak

November 29, 2012 Updated Nov 29, 2012 at 4:42 AM EDT

Middlebury Township, PA (WBNG Binghamton) A gas leak leaves the owner with burns.

According to Pennsylvania State Police, on Friday, November 23 around 8:30 p.m. Edward Wilston, 35, of Middlebury Township was installing a wall mounted propane heard in a small utility room.

That's when a gas leak occurred.

The residence caught fire but was extinguished quickly by the Middlebury Volunteer Fire Department.

Wilston was left with non-threatening burns.

The estimated structural damage is $30,000.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.