Kirkwood, NY (WBNG Binghamton) Investigators believe a toaster oven sparked a fire in the kitchen of a home in Kirkwood.
The call came in at approximately 2:13 a.m. Tuesday at 36 Service Road in Kirkwood.
Crews from West Windsor, Five Mile Point and Kirkwood responded.
The fire was put out a few hours later.
The family living there was able to escape. There were no injuries reported.
Broome County Fire investigators believe a toaster oven sparked the fire but cannot release an official cause until the insurance company has completed its investigation.