Town of Binghamton, NY (WBNG Binghamton) A grease fire in the kitchen of a Town of Binghamton home Thursday evening left a local family without a place to stay.
Heavy smoke was seen billowing out of the house at 659 Hawleyton Rd.
Although no people were injured, fire officials said some of the family's pets were.
Firefighters responded shortly after 6 p.m., and were able to take an offensive approach. They contained the fire to the first floor and part of the home's exterior.
The fire was out in about a half hour.
The structure and stability of the house is still under investigation.
Crews from Town of Binghamton, Silverlake, Vestal and Five Mile Point fire departments were called to the scene.