Ithaca, N.Y. (WBNG Binghamton) Ithaca Police were called to a business on Elmira Road to help a man with burn injuries.
The call came in at 8:33 p.m. Saturday.
According to police, the man stated he had been at his campsite in the wooded area behind Fairground Memorial Parkway, when a propane tank exploded and caused a tent to catch on fire.
Although the propane tank explosion left him with burns, he was able to walk to the business and get help.
Ithaca Rescue and Bangs Ambulance assisted at the scene.
The man was taken to a trauma center by Bangs.