Town of Dickinson, NY (WBNG Binghamton) A Binghamton woman crashes into a stopped police vehicle and is later arrested for driving while intoxicated.
Lauren Smith, 24, of Binghamton, had a 1-year-old child in the car, and the child was not properly fastened into her child safety seat, according to a Broome County Sheriff's Office press release.
Broome Sheriff's Deputy Stephen Blackman was stopped with a vehicle at approximately 2:30 a.m., Jan. 26, on Prospect Street near Merrill Street in the Town of Dickinson.
Smith crashed into the rear of Blackman’s marked patrol vehicle, which had it’s emergency lights on.
No one was injured in the collision.
The 1 -year-old child was turned over to a family relative.
Smith was arraigned in the Town of Dickinson Court and released.
- One charge, Felony, Aggravated Driving While Intoxicated with a Child in the vehicle (Leandra’s Law)
- One charge, Misdemeanor, Endangering the Welfare of a child
- One charge, Misdemeanor,Aggravated Driving While Intoxicated with a BAC .18% or greater
- One charge, Misdemeanor,Driving While Intoxicated
- Fail to exercise due care for an Emergency Vehicle, a Violation.
- Child under the age of 4 improperly restrained in a Child Restraint Device, a violation