Cincinnatus, NY (WBNG Binghamton) One man is arrested after deputies discovered a meth lab at his Cortland County home.
Around 1 p.m. July 9, the Cortland County Sheriff's Office went to 5621 Piety Hill Rd. for reported drug activity.
Deputies said due to the chemical smell in the home, it was evident meth had been made.
Deputies said they found a burn pile in the back of the house, with a partially burnt plastic container that was used to make meth.
Deputies also found drug paraphernalia and a small amount of meth in the house.
Jody Shephard, 44, was taken to the Cortland County Jail without bail.
According to the homeowner, Shephard had only been living there for the past three weeks.
Shephard is charged with the following:
- Unlawful manufacture of methamphetamine in the third degree, class D felony
- Unlawful disposal of methamphetamine laboratory material, class E felony
- Criminally possessing a hypodermic instrument, class A misdemeanor
- Criminal possession of a controlled substance in the seventh degree, class A misdemeanor
- Criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree, class A misdemeanor