Quick Response Saves Whitney Point Home

By Matt Hicks
By Justin Andrews

Quick Response Saves Whitney Point Home

January 24, 2013 Updated Jan 24, 2013 at 11:09 PM EST

Whitney Point, NY (WBNG Binghamton) Space heaters present a higher risk for house fires, especially this time of year.

Fire officials said that's what caused home to catch fire in Whitney Point.

It happened just before 7 p.m. at 7318 Collins St.

Investigators said a space heater sparked a fire in a first floor bedroom.

The fire was put out within a matter of minutes, which investigators said it the fire from spreading through the rest of the home.

No injuries were reported.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.