Fire Investigator: Salem Drive house fire was accidental

By Suzanne Proulx

Fire Investigator: Salem Drive house fire was accidental

March 5, 2014 Updated Mar 6, 2014 at 11:51 AM EDT

Vestal, NY (WBNG Binghamton) Broome County Fire investigators ruled the fire that destroyed a Vestal home Tuesday accidental.

The call came out at approximately 2:30 p.m. Tuesday.

The fire started behind a microwave in the kitchen of 4529 Salem Drive. Investigators said the fire worked its way through the wall of the outside of the home on the aluminum siding.

The home is a total loss.

Three people were home at the time of the fire, there were no injuries.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.