Worcester, NY (WBNG Binghamton) A Schoharie County teenager was arrested for a car crash in Otsego County that killed one person and seriously injured another.
The Otsego County Sheriff's Office said Paul Clark Jr., 18, of Charlotteville, was on drugs and driving too fast when he crashed a 2000 Saturn into a parked FedEx truck in South Worcester in May.
His passenger, Devon McMahon, died. Another passenger, Maureen Clark, was seriously injured.
Clark was arrested Tuesday when he surrendered himself at the sheriff’s office.
He was arraigned in Worcester Town Court and posted $10,000 bail.
Clark Jr. is scheduled to be back in court on September 2. If convicted, he faces up to 25 years in prison.
He was charged with the following:
- Aggravated vehicular homicide, a felony
- Vehicular manslaughter in the second degree, a felony
- Vehicular assault in the first degree, a felony
- Criminally negligent homicide, a felony
- DWAI and reckless driving, misdemeanors
- Speeding and improper passing, traffic infractions