Town of Chenango, NY (WBNG Binghamton) A woman is in Broome County jail without bail after investigators find drugs, a defaced weapon and thousands of dollars in cash in her home.
The Broome County Special Investigations Unit Task Force arrested 30-year-old Melissa M. Rahimov after executing a search warrant at her Town of Chenango home Friday evening.
There, they found several pills, powder cocaine, 127 grams of marijuana and $7,500 in suspected drug money along with a digital scale and a defaced .25 caliber semi-automatic handgun.
She was arraigned in the Town of Chenango Court on six drug related charges.
- Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Third Degree, a Class D Felony;
- Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Fourth Degree, a Class A Misdemeanor;
- Two counts of Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the Seventh Degree, Class A Misdemeanors;
- Criminal Possession of Marihuana in the Fourth Degree, a Class A Misdemeanor;
- Criminally Using Drug Paraphernalia in the Second Degree, a Class A Misdemeanor.