Man Dies After Being Bitten by Venomous Pet Snake

Man Dies After Being Bitten by Venomous Pet Snake

October 5, 2012 Updated Oct 5, 2012 at 12:30 PM EDT

A scary story from Virginia.

According to a report from the Richmond Times-Dispatch, a 70-year-old man was found dead at his home this week, and the Virginia medical examiner's office determined that he died after complications from a snakebite from one of his 24 venomous pet snakes.

The man is believed to have been bitten on his fingers by a Chinese palm viper, according to the Richmond Times-Dispatch report.

Read the Richmond Times-Dispatch report HERE.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.