(WBNG Binghamton) Governor Andrew Cuomo announced Thursday that another $36 million will go to resurfacing projects on state highways throughout New York, including roads in the Southern Tier.
According to the governor, funding for these projects was accelerated into this construction season in order to repair damage from the harsh winter weather.
“This past winter brought heavy storms to communities all across the state, and by accelerating these resurfacing projects we are building our roads back stronger than ever,” Cuomo said.
Construction on the following roadways will begin this year in the Southern Tier:
· Route 13 in Veteran, Chemung County
· Route 26 in Broome County
· Route 55 in Neversink, Sullivan County
· Route 52 in Liberty, Sullivan County
· Route 41 in Chenango County
· Various pavement patching in Broome, Chenango, Delaware,
Otsego, Schoharie, Sullivan and Tioga counties