Bad wiring causes apartment to catch on fire

By Erika Mahoney

December 2, 2013 Updated Dec 2, 2013 at 12:59 AM EST

Binghamton, NY (WBNG Binghamton) Bad wiring caused a Binghamton apartment to catch on fire, according to the Binghamton Fire Department.

The department responded to 62 Bigelow St., a duplex, around 9:30 p.m. Saturday.

The electrical fire started in the wall of the upstairs apartment. The upstairs bedroom and bathroom were damaged.

According to the department, the tenants will be able to go back inside because the damage was not that extensive.

The bottom apartment didn't sustain any damage.

Binghamton fire said they did a good job of putting the fire out quickly and saving the house.