Binghamton, NY (WBNG Binghamton) A Binghamton man was arrested after a search warrant revealed numerous weapons, explosives and the growing of marijuana in his West Side Binghamton home.
The New York State Police Community Narcotics Enforcement Team and Gun Investigation Unit was assisted by Endicott and Vestal Police Tuesday afternoon during the search at 31 Orton Ave. in Binghamton.
John Hamilton, 50, was charged with the following:
- Four counts of criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree, class D felonies
- Three counts of criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree, class A misdemeanors
- Unlawful possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device, class A misdemeanor
- Unlawfully possessing or selling noxious material, class B misdemeanor
- Unlawfully growing cannabis by an unlicensed person, class A misdemeanor
According to state police, the following items were seized from his home:
- Three assault rifles
- 13 homemade explosive devices
- 11 military-grade smoke grenades
- Three military-grade riot grenades
- 350 large capacity ammunition feeding devices
- A metal knuckle knife
- Switchblade knife
- Four collapsible batons
- Seven billy clubs
- 13 marijuana plants, along with grow lights and equipment
In addition to the above, state police also took 18 long guns and more than 45,000 rounds of ammunition into police custody.
Hamilton was taken to the Broome County Jail without bail.