Woman seriously injured in restaurant fire

By Haley Burton
By Keith Zubrow

July 14, 2014 Updated Jul 14, 2014 at 6:39 PM EDT

Waverly, NY (WBNG Binghamton) An accidental kitchen fire inside a Waverly restaurant over the weekend has one women recovering from first, second and third degree burns.

Emergency responders arrived at Sisters Family Restaurant on North Chemung St. early Sunday morning to a badly burned women on the ground outside.

According to co-owner Julie Trudeau, the victim is the restaurant's chef and baker Jamie Miccio.

The owner says Miccio was alone opening the restaurant when the fire began.

"She started the grill as her normal routine and was just bending down to get some eggs in our refrigerator," said Trudeau. "We're not 100-percent sure what happened, but they believe it was a non-stick spray can that had punctured."

Police said the victim had severe burns on her face, stomach and all four limbs.

The owner says Miccio is currently in Allentown receiving treatment for her burns.