Heating and Air
Binghamton, NY 13905
Hours of Operation
- Mon - Fri8am - 5pm
Providing the right heating and cooling solution for your home or business
Too Cold? Too Warm? Call the Experts
Comfort. Quality. Efficiency.
Sure Temp has supplied the highest quality products and services to heat and cool Southern Tier homes and businesses reliably and efficiently since 1977.
Owners and brothers Glenn, Ed and Richard Miller bring state-of-the-art technology and the highest engineering principles to every project, from hospitals and malls to bungalows, summer cottages and every place you call home.
Sure Temp operates in a 250-mile radius of Binghamton, located in the Southern Tier of New York, and have installed systems where the temperature drops below -20ºF and rises above 100ºF. Their mission is to help ease the pain of monthly operating expenses, be it for your home or a million-square-foot industrial facility. The right equipment, quality installation and regular maintenance mean increased comfort, energy savings and a longer life for your system.
Eliminate hot and cold spots. Control dust and humidity. Improve the health and comfort of everyone in your building - and save money doing it.
Whether you are building your dream home, replacing an existing system, need regular maintenance or an emergency repair, Sure Temp's experience, honesty and integrity mean the best solutions for you and your heating and cooling systems. Learn more at www.suretemp.com
"Eastern Energy Solutions operates in a 250 mile radius, so I’m very familiar with the HVAC companies in that radius, and there is nobody who comes close to Sure Temp’s level of expertise and finished product. Nobody comes close. We have worked with them for many years, and they are light years ahead of 99 percent of the HVAC companies when it comes to efficiency and using energy technology. Sure Temp leads with energy efficiency from the outset, and they are thinking about the return on investment. Customers will have this equipment for a long, long time and they are saving tons of money. This is what they are the very best at, without a doubt."
Eastern Energy Solutions
Afton, New York
"We had Sure Temp replace our 40 year old boiler in October 2009 with a new Buderus GB-142 wall hung boiler and hot water heating system. They showed up when they said they would and they completed the job in just a few days. The technician did a very professional, neat installation and the system runs as it was advertised. Our average daily gas consumption is now 6 therms as opposed to 11 therms last year – nearly half as much! We highly recommend the Buderus boiler and Sure Temp Co Inc. for anyone planning to upgrade a heating system."
Binghamton, New York
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the highest efficiency system always the best choice for your heating or cooling needs?
- Bigger is not always better. While high-end systems will work at peak performance, they may have to expend more energy to heat or cool a home that they are not properly sized for. A high efficiency system in a small, 1000 sq. foot house may end up costing you more in utility bills than a smaller, middle-of–the-road system. Consult a Sure Temp representative today to learn what size system is best for your needs.
- I’ve heard that Duct cleaning is often times a cause, not a solution to poor indoor air quality. Is that true?
- Fungi and bacteria in a ventilation system can contaminate indoor environments and cause allergic-type reactions, such as headaches, runny noses and itchy eyes. Some fungi and bacteria can cause respiratory infections , especially in immuno-compromised individuals. It’s true that duct cleaning can help reduce these hazards but in 75% of households, duct cleaning is done improperly. More often than not, these airborne pathogens are just displaced or moved around instead of eradicated. Talk to a Sure Temp representative today about the best way to clean your duct work.
- Many homes and businesses have rooms that are no longer be used. Closing vents in these rooms will definitely save energy, right?
- In the past, closing registers in forced air heating systems and leaving some rooms in a house unconditioned was suggested as a method for saving energy. But studies have shown that that register closing leads to increased use of energy! Closing registers (especially those closest to the air handler) affects the system pressure and increases air duct leakage. So the result is that your system works harder to maintain the appropriate pressure and compensates for the conditioned air leakage. Closing registers is NOT recommended. If you have rooms that you don’t use in the winter, give Sure Temp a call and ask about a Zoned System for your house.