Toy Train Expert
Village Train and Hobby
Windsor, NY 13865
Hours of Operation
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday10am - 6pm
- Thursday10am - 8pm
- Saturday10am - 3pm
- Sunday - MondayClosed
An unforgettable family outing! Your Lionel Train Superstore!We welcome your visit to Village Train and Hobby, your Lionel Train Superstore! We are one of the largest train shops in the Northeast United States with over 5000 square feet of trains and accessories! Village Train and Hobby is a model railroader’s paradise with thousands of items to detail your train display. We are located on Main Street in picturesque Windsor NY.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of our huge 16X34 foot operating train layout! See 10 trains running through a vast array of bridges, tunnels, waterfalls, and Main Street USA. FREE entertainment for the whole family! Picture taking is always welcome so don’t forget to bring your camera!
Click for Story
Click for Story
TRAIN REPAIR AND RECONDITIONING
We pride ourselves on personalized service and have the most experienced repair staff in the industry! From trains to transformers we repair and recondition all gauges regardless of age! We specialize in Lionel Train repair and are an MTH Authorized Service Center.
PARTS AND INVENTORY
We are your # 1 source for parts! We stock parts for Lionel, American Flyer, Ives, Marx, and more! We have the inventory you need to build the model railroad of your dreams in any scale.
CUSTOM LAYOUT DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION
We can bring your train set layout dreams to reality! Our knowledgeable staff are skilled model builders with decades of experience in the model railroad industry. We design and build train layouts for collectors, kids, parents, and grandparents. We offer seminars on model train landscaping, general repair, and maintenance. Contact us for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What gauge trains do you carry?
- The gauge is the size of the trains and our most popular is the ‘O’ gauge with the Lionel train. We also carry ‘N’ gauge which is the smallest gauge we stock, followed by ‘HO’ gauge and ‘G’ gauge. ‘G’ gauge is also known as ‘garden railroading,’ and that’s big for people doing layouts outside with landscaping. Garden Railroading also works great inside restaurants, bars, and taverns.
- Do you buy trains?
- Absolutely! Part of our business is buying toy train collections. Whether it be one piece or a thousand pieces of a collection that may have spent over 30 years collecting, or just a few small train that you don’t use anymore, we travel all over and definitely buy trains!
- Can you build me a custom layout?
- Yes, that’s our specialty! We build our layouts from the ground up. We can do a layout from a few hundred dollars to thousands of dollars, depending on what the customer wants.
- How long does it take to build a custom layout?
- It varies on what the customer wants. We have some folks who want to build the layout as fast as we can, and there are some who want a very large layout and that takes us much longer. On average, a 30-foot layout will take us 7 to 8 weeks to build.
- Do you repair trains?
- About 95% of the time, toy trains can be repaired. We always asked, no matter what gauge it is, to bring their train in and let us look at it, and we can fix it. Especially if it is an ‘O’ gauge with the Lionel trains, parts are available for trains that are 100 years old! We always fix and even restore and refurbish trains!