WBNG-TV, the CBS affiliate in Binghamton, NY, has an opening for an energetic, self-motivated Account Executive in our sales department.
Account Executives work directly with local businesses to achieve marketing goals, and are responsible for selling television commercial airtime and a suite of digital products to new and existing accounts through our multi-media outlets, WBNG (CBS), Binghamton's CW, Me-TV and wbng.com.
The job offers an attractive income package for managing established accounts and generating new business with full benefits and 401K.
Requirements of the position include good communication skills, both written and verbal, solid computer skills, reliable transportation, a good driving record and valid driver's license. Outside sales experience is a plus.
This position requires traveling in Broome and surrounding counties within WBNG's coverage area.
Key activities include:
· Develop television and digital advertising plans that grow local business
· Build a rapport with clientele, provide excellent and timely customer service
· Develop, maintain and prospect new business from traditional and non-traditional advertisers located in the Binghamton market
· Negotiate advertising rates within guidelines set by the sales management team
· Perform client services, including but not limited to, avail presentations, package preparation, copy writing, credit applications, collections
· Perform other duties as needed or as directed by sales management
If you think you're qualified, and want to work with a great group of people in a great community, send your cover letter, resume and references to:
Darin Di Piazza
General Sales Manager
560 Columbia Drive
Johnson City, NY 13790
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
WBNG is part of Quincy Media, a family owned company with 16 stations (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, CW) in 8 states. Throughout Quincy, positions are available for candidates with all levels of experience and the advancement you are seeking. Visit careersatquincy.com for links to all stations and opportunities.
WBNG-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer