ITHACA, N.Y. (WBNG) -- Several fire departments responded Tuesday night to a fire in Tompkins County.
According to the Ithaca Fire Department, flames broke out around 9 p.m. at a home on Danby Road.
Crews say they were on the scene most of the night and that the extremely cold temperatures created challenges for the firefighters.
"t stresses the importance of fire prevention by everyone, the need for working smoke detectors and knowing two ways out of your home," the fire department wrote on its Facebook page.
Authorities say no one was injured in the fire. What sparked the blaze is under investigation.
12 NEWS WBNG
560 Columbia Dr. Johnson City, NY 13790
News Tips: (607) 729-9575 or firstname.lastname@example.org