VESTAL (WBNG) -- A fire officials tells 12 News a firefighter who was hospitalized while responding to a fire on the Binghamton University campus has been released.
Multiple departments responded to a physical facilities building on Bunn Hill Access Road on Tuesday afternoon.
University officials say a firefighter was taken to the hospital. Vestal Fire Department Assistant Chief Bill Stout told 12 News on Wednesday the firefighter was a member of Vestal Fire Department, and has since been released from the hospital.
He would not say why the firefighter was taken to the hospital.
Stout explained the fire started in a hopper which feed wood chips to a generator in the building.