Cooking Fire Destroys Town of Owego Home

By Suzanne Proulx
By Conor Mooney
By Matt Hicks

January 7, 2013 Updated Jan 7, 2013 at 8:14 PM EDT

Owego, NY (WBNG Binghamton) A home in the Town of Owego is a total loss after a cooking fire started early Monday afternoon.

The call came in at 1:45 p.m. Monday for a house fire on Gaskill Road in Owego.

The Campville Fire Chief Mark Daniel said one person was inside at the time of the fire but was able to get out.

That person was not injured.

Daniel said it started as a cooking fire and spread through the rest of the home. Firefighters had it under control by 3:15 p.m., Daniel said.

Campville, Apalachin, Owego, Newark Valley, Southside, and West Corners fire departments all responded to the call.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.