Town of Binghamton, NY (WBNG Binghamton) Crews respond to a two-alarm pole barn fire in the Town of Binghamton.
Firefighters from six area departments battled a blaze and the elements this evening in the Town of Binghamton.
The call came just after 6:00 p.m for a pole barn fire at 3300 Hance Road.
When firefighters arrived, the barn was fully engulfed and flames were threatening a home nearby.
The barn was located more than 1,100 feet from the roadway and the nearest water source was five miles away, according to Fire Chief Gary Gunn.
"You need a lot of man power. It's pretty labor intensive to start clearing this out and start putting the fire the rest of the way out due to the heat and humidity, we had a lot of manpower," said Gunn.
The fire remains under investigation, although the property owner Action News spoke with Friday evening said the blaze could have been sparked by a tractor that was parked inside the barn.
There were no injuries.