NORMAL UPDATE

Forecast for Binghamton and the Twin Tiers

February 8, 2013 Updated Oct 21, 2014 at 4:28 PM EDT



Tonight: Cloudy. 60% chance of scattered showers. Low: 43-48

Wednesday: Breezy with a 40% chance of scattered showers. 60% chance of rain east/southeast. High: 49-54

Wednesday Night: 60% chance of scattered showers. Low: 42-46

Forecast By: Chief Meteorologist Howard Manges




On Facebook @ Howard Manges WBNG

Our weather here in the Twin will be unsettled all week long and each day this week will feature varying chances of rainfall. The main culprit for the dreary stretch of weather this week is a very slow moving low pressure that will drop south from Canada and meander along the eastern seaboard.

Clouds will win out tonight with a 60% chance of showers. Lows will be in the 40s. I expect cloud skies tomorrow as well with a 40% chance of rain showers. The chance of rain, I think, will increase the farther east and southeast of Binghamton you are located. Highs will be in the low to mid 50s. It will be a breezy day and gusts could range from 20-25mph.

Clouds remain in place Thursday and the chance of precipitation will be around 60%. It will be windy and cool with highs around 50 with overnight lows in the low to mid 40s.

The chance of rain on Friday drops to 30% with mostly cloudy and cool conditions still in place. Highs will be in the low 50s with lows in the low to mid 40s. I have kept a slight chance of some morning showers in the forecast for places east of Binghamton, but most of the day should be dry Saturday. Clouds and sun are likely with highs around 58. Our long range weather models are indicating another fast moving disturbance diving through the area Sunday. I’ve increased clouds from yesterday’s forecast but will keep us dry for now. Highs will be in the upper 50s to near 60. High pressure should build in Monday and Tuesday and temperatures will be back into the 60s both days.



To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.