NORMAL UPDATE

Forecast for Binghamton and the Twin Tiers

July 20, 2010 Updated Oct 20, 2014 at 4:22 PM EDT


Tonight: Mainly cloudy with a 40% chance of showers. Low: 41-46

Tuesday: Mostly cloudy. 60% chance of showers. High: 54-59

Tuesday Night: Cloudy. 40% chance of scattered showers. Low: 42-47

Forecast By: Chief Meteorologist Howard Manges




On Facebook @ Howard Manges WBNG

Our weather here in the Twin Tiers is going to be unsettled all week long and each day this week will feature varying chances of rainfall. The main culprit for the dreary stretch of weather this week is a very slow moving upper level low pressure that will drop south from Canada and meander along the eastern seaboard.


Clouds will win out tonight with a 40% chance of showers. Lows will be in the 40s. I expect cloud skies tomorrow as well with a 60% chance of rain showers. The chance of rain, I think, will increase the farther into the day we go. Highs will be in the mid to upper 50s.

Wednesday will be a breezy day with a 40% chance of occasional showers. Highs will barely crack 50 with lows in the 40s overnight. Thursday the clouds remain in place and the chance of precipitation will be around 60%. Highs flutter around 50 with overnight lows in the low to mid 40s.

The chance of rain on Friday drops to 30% with mostly cloudy and cool conditions still in place. Highs will be in the low 50s with lows in the low to mid 40s. The area of low pressure that will keep our weather unsettled all week looks like it will be pushed away from us through the weekend with conditions expected to generally improve. Clouds and sun are likely Saturday and Sunday should feature the most sunshine. Highs will be in the upper 50s to near 60.


To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.