Wavery house fire

Waverly House Fire

Valley firefighters were called out tonight (Friday Feb. 18) around 7 p.m. to a structure fire on Lincoln Street in the Village of Waverly. A bystander at the blaze noted that the home was being renovated and speculated the fire originated in the attic area of the building. A separate alert drew firefighters to a report of smoke coming from a pickup truck parked at the Chemung/Lincoln Streets intersection. According to a bystander who saw the incident, the truck's owner, a firefighter directing traffic, heard his vehicle alarm and turned to see smoke coming from under his hood. The witness said the truck damage appeared to be caused by an exploding battery.

This story is inappropriate and should be flagged for moderation. Please choose from one of the following options:

Add a comment

Name:

Comment: 250 Characters Left

WBNG and its affiliated companies are not responsible for the content of comments posted or for anything arising out of use of the above comments or other interaction among the users. We reserve the right to screen, refuse to post, remove or edit user-generated content at any time and for any or no reason in our absolute and sole discretion without prior notice, although we have no duty to do so or to monitor any Public Forum.