Former Endicott Mayor Joan Pulse presents a proclamation from the Village of Endicott on behalf of the celebration of St. Ambrose Church's centennial to pastor Rev. Charles A. Currie.

St. Ambrose Parish marks its centennial

Sunday, July 13, was a joyous occasion in Endicott. St. Ambrose, the first Catholic church in Endicott, celebrated its centennial with a special Mass and dinner. The Most Rev. Thomas J. Costello, former auxilliary bishop of Syracuse, concelebrated the Mass with several Southern Tier priests including Rev. Charles A. Currie, pastor of St. Ambrose. The Mass concluded with continuous peals from the original church bell, dedicated in May 1910.
Immediately following the Mass, close to 300 parishioners, priests and former teachers at St. Ambrose School and Seton Catholic High School attended a dinner at the Kalurah Shrine in West Endicott.
For more information, visit the parish's Web site at http://www.st-ambroseparish.org/

This story is inappropriate and should be flagged for moderation. Please choose from one of the following options:

Add a comment

Name:

Comment: 250 Characters Left

WBNG and its affiliated companies are not responsible for the content of comments posted or for anything arising out of use of the above comments or other interaction among the users. We reserve the right to screen, refuse to post, remove or edit user-generated content at any time and for any or no reason in our absolute and sole discretion without prior notice, although we have no duty to do so or to monitor any Public Forum.