Yankees vs. Pirates Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 15
The New York Yankees (74-73) visit the Pittsburgh Pirates (69-78) to start a three-game series at PNC Park, with first pitch at 6:35 PM ET on Friday. The Yankees are on the back of a series victory over the Red Sox, and the Pirates a series win over the Nationals.
The probable starters are Gerrit Cole (13-4) for the Yankees and Johan Oviedo (8-14) for the Pirates.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Yankees vs. Pirates Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, September 15, 2023
- Time: 6:35 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Venue: PNC Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Cole - NYY (13-4, 2.79 ERA) vs Oviedo - PIT (8-14, 4.34 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Yankees Injury Report|
|Yankees vs Pirates Betting Trends & Stats|
|Yankees vs Pirates Prediction|
|How to Watch Yankees vs Pirates|
|Yankees vs Pirates Odds|
Yankees Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Gerrit Cole
- The Yankees' Cole (13-4) will make his 31st start of the season.
- The right-hander's last appearance was on Sunday, when he threw seven scoreless innings against the Milwaukee Brewers while allowing three hits.
- The 33-year-old has an ERA of 2.79, a 4.53 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.027 in 30 games this season.
- He's going for his fifth straight quality start.
- Cole has pitched five or more innings in four straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- He has six appearances this season with zero earned runs allowed out of his 30 chances this season.
Pirates Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Johan Oviedo
- The Pirates are sending Oviedo (8-14) to the mound for his 30th start of the season. He is 8-14 with a 4.34 ERA and 140 strikeouts in 161 2/3 innings pitched.
- His last appearance came on Saturday against the Atlanta Braves, when the righty went 3 2/3 innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up nine hits.
- In 29 games this season, the 25-year-old has put up an ERA of 4.34, with 7.8 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .237 against him.
- Oviedo enters this game with 13 quality starts under his belt this season.
- Oviedo will look to collect his 22nd matchup of five or more innings pitched this season. He's averaging 5.6 innings per appearance.
- In three of his 29 total appearances this season he has not given up an earned run.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season, the 25-year-old's 4.34 ERA ranks 37th, 1.342 WHIP ranks 42nd, and 7.8 K/9 ranks 36th.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.