Yankees vs. Pirates Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 17
The New York Yankees (76-73) aim to sweep the Pittsburgh Pirates (69-80) on Sunday at PNC Park, starting at 1:35 PM ET.
The probable pitchers are Carlos Rodon (3-5) for the Yankees and Colin Selby (2-1) for the Pirates.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Yankees vs. Pirates Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, September 17, 2023
- Time: 1:35 PM ET
- TV: SportsNet PT
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Venue: PNC Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Rodon - NYY (3-5, 6.14 ERA) vs Selby - PIT (2-1, 8.20 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Yankees Injury Report|
|Yankees vs Pirates Prediction|
|How to Watch Yankees vs Pirates|
|Yankees vs Pirates Betting Trends & Stats|
|Yankees vs Pirates Odds|
Yankees Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Carlos Rodón
- The Yankees will send Rodon (3-5) to the mound for his 12th start this season.
- The left-hander's last appearance was on Tuesday, when he threw five innings against the Boston Red Sox, giving up one earned run while allowing four hits.
- The 30-year-old has an ERA of 6.14 and 8.8 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .246 in 11 games this season.
- He has earned a quality start one time in 11 starts this season.
- Rodon has made six starts of five or more innings in 11 chances this season, and averages 4.6 frames when he pitches.
- He has yet to finish an appearance without an earned run allowed this season.
Pirates Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Colin Selby
- Selby (2-1) gets the starting nod for the Pirates in his fifth start of the season. He has an 8.20 ERA in 18 2/3 innings pitched, with 27 strikeouts.
- His last time out came in relief on Friday when the right-hander threw one scoreless inning against the New York Yankees without allowing a hit.
- The 25-year-old has an ERA of 8.20, with 13 strikeouts per nine innings in 16 games this season. Opposing batters have a .270 batting average against him.
- He has had nine appearances this season in which he did not allow an earned run.
Colin Selby vs. Yankees
- The opposing Yankees offense has a collective .226 batting average, and is 29th in the league with 1105 total hits and 23rd in MLB play with 630 runs scored. They have the 21st-ranked slugging percentage (.398) and are seventh in all of MLB with 207 home runs.
- In one inning over one appearance against the Yankees this season, Selby has a 0 ERA and a 0 WHIP while his opponents are batting .000.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.