Yankees vs. Blue Jays Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 27
Gerrit Cole tries for his 15th win of the year when his New York Yankees (80-77) visit the Toronto Blue Jays (87-70), on Wednesday at 7:07 PM ET.
The probable pitchers are Jose Berrios (11-11) for the Blue Jays and Cole (14-4) for the Yankees.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Yankees vs. Blue Jays Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Wednesday, September 27, 2023
- Time: 7:07 PM ET
- TV: SNET
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Venue: Rogers Centre
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Berrios - TOR (11-11, 3.58 ERA) vs Cole - NYY (14-4, 2.75 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Yankees Injury Report|
|Blue Jays vs Yankees Betting Trends & Stats|
|Blue Jays vs Yankees Player Props|
|How to Watch Blue Jays vs Yankees|
|Blue Jays vs Yankees Odds|
|Blue Jays vs Yankees Prediction|
Yankees Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Gerrit Cole
- Cole gets the start for the Yankees, his 33rd of the season. He is 14-4 with a 2.75 ERA and 217 strikeouts in 200 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent outing on Thursday against the Toronto Blue Jays, the righty threw eight innings, giving up one earned run while surrendering two hits.
- During 32 games this season, the 33-year-old has put up a 2.75 ERA and 9.8 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .211 to his opponents.
- Cole has 23 quality starts under his belt this year.
- Cole is seeking his seventh straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 6.3 innings per start.
- In six of his appearances this season he did not surrender an earned run.
Gerrit Cole vs. Blue Jays
- He will match up with a Blue Jays offense that ranks 10th in the league with 1371 total hits (on a .255 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .414 (16th in the league) with 180 total home runs (18th in MLB play).
- Cole has thrown 19 2/3 innings, giving up one earned run on 13 hits while striking out 19 against the Blue Jays this season.
Blue Jays Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: José Berríos
- Berrios (11-11) will take the mound for the Blue Jays, his 32nd start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up four earned runs and allowed seven hits in 5 2/3 innings pitched against the New York Yankees on Thursday.
- The 29-year-old has an ERA of 3.58, a 3.55 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.181 in 31 games this season.
- In 31 starts this season, he's earned a quality start in 15 of them.
- Berrios will look to finish five or more innings for the eighth start in a row.
- He has made 31 appearances and finished six of them without allowing an earned run.
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors this season, the 29-year-old ranks 17th in ERA (3.58), 19th in WHIP (1.181), and 27th in K/9 (8.5).
José Berríos vs. Yankees
- The Yankees have scored 655 runs this season, which ranks 24th in MLB. They have 1162 hits, 29th in baseball, with 216 home runs (eighth in the league).
- The Yankees have gone 13-for-49 with four doubles, two home runs and seven RBI in two games against the right-hander this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.